We are always looking for talented people to join our friendly and creative team. You’ll have the opportunity to help shape Snap Vision's future products and play a part in changing the way people shop.
We are currently looking to fill these roles:
We are looking for a Backend Web Developer to join our growing team based in London.
We’re looking for a talented backend developer to join our growing team. You’ll be working alongside our lead developer to build a strong ecommerce backend capable of withstanding extreme growth. From storing hundreds of thousands of products to performing millions of visual searches, we’re building a platform that is the layer sitting between content providers and products online.
With our backend development roots in PHP, we’re looking for a PHP expert who will also be keen to experiment with AngularJS to provide our front-end developers with the platform to create slick user experiences.
You’ll also have a key interest in DevOps (preferably with Vagrant experience) and a passion for piecing together different technologies to form scalable systems.
You’ll be working with our bespoke visual search technology to bring new products to our consumers through our B2C app and website, and also working with our selected partners to deliver the best visual search solutions in the market.
Here at Snap we’re changing the way that people search. Why squint at tiny keyboards and try and describe what it is that draws you towards an item when you could just take a photo? We’re starting in fashion but making big leaps into other markets too.
Snap launched to the public in 2012, after nearly 4 years’ development in stealth mode. Fast forward to 2016 and we’re a fully funded, award winning company based in London, and heavily involved in the startup scene, from being panelists at TechCrunch Disrupt to working to help shape the London tech landscape. Named as one of the UK’s scaleups we’re looking for people to join our exciting journey as we continue to grow and strive to reach fabled unicorn status.
There are two sides to the business: our B2C app where we are a successful standalone ecommerce destination, letting our users search the world using pictures. We then have the B2B side of the business, where we license the technology to retailers and publishers to allow them to make the most of their online imagery.
Our team is diverse, friendly, and passionate about cutting edge technologies (… and music and street food). We’re taking the Top Gun approach to building a team… we only hire the best of the best, and we’re taking time to find these people and build a company that will last a lifetime and change the way people search the internet forever.
- Take pride in building great, readable and well-documented code with an eye for QA
- Educated to a degree level, or with a minimum 5 years industry experience in development
- A keen interest in DevOps
- Be quick to spot and resolve any issues, liaising with the relevant members of Snap to create an optimal product
- Be based in our office in the heart of Tech City in East London
You will be...
- Fascinated by technology, with a key interest in exploring different solutions to create the optimal product for our users
- Be sparky and full of ideas, and the kind of person who's happy to work in a team, but then put on their headphones and zone out into their own coding world.
- Fixated on scaling systems and building platforms that last
- Great at prioritization, both internally and externally with partners
- Self motivated, able to quickly assess situations and business needs, and come up with solutions to any problems that may come your way
- Have a love of startups and the industry that we’re in
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Competitive salaries
- Generous paid vacation
- A friendly, dynamic working environment
- An understanding approach to flexible working
- Top of the range equipment for you to perform your best
Sound like you? Send us your CV and a link to your portfolio.Apply now
Don't see your perfect job? Send us your CV, we're always after talented people to join our team!